AMC Historical Office
The U.S. Army Materiel Command's Historical Office preserves the history of the command by ensuring that documents, oral interviews, visual images and other source materials are safeguarded in the office's historical research collection.
- A Brief History of the U.S. Army Materiel Command (1962-2012) - An illustrated history of AMC from 1962-2012
- The Commanding Generals of the U.S. Army Materiel Command (1962-2012) - Biographies of all former commanding generals of AMC
- The U.S. Army Materiel Command Hall of Fame - Established in 2012, this booklet contains the inaugural AMC Hall of Fame class of 2012
From the Archives:
- Arsenal for the Brave (1969) - A comprehensive history of AMC from its genesis in 1962 to 1967
- The Redstone Arsenal Complex: 1941 to 1949 (1966) - A history of the installation AMC now calls "home," this study examines how Redstone Arsenal came to be.
- The Concept of Project Management (1964) - This study discusses the development of project management within AMC from 1962-1964.
- Project Management in AMC (1992) - Landmark study in AMC's concept and execution of project management.
- Modernization (1962) - A Department of Army public affairs film that highlights the Army's reorganization. Unique video footage of AMC's systems and materials it supported that first year (1962).
- The Army's Floating Workshop (ca. 1968) - A Department of the Army public affairs film on the story behind AMC's aviation repair facility located on a ship off the coast of Vietnam during that nation's war.
- Arsenal for the Brave (1974) - A Department of the Army public affairs film which showcased AMC in 1974.
- War and Pieces (1992) - An AMC public affairs film on AMC's many contributions to Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm.
- Meeting Tomorrow's Challenge (1974) - An AMC public affairs film on what AMC was developing in its laboratories 40 years ago in 1974 to "meet tomorrow's challenge" in support of the Soldier.
- This is Redstone Arsenal (1962) - Produced in late 1962 shortly after the establishment of AMC (and one of AMC's first subordinate commands, the U.S. Army Missile Command or MICOM), this short film shows what things looked like 52-years ago. All the systems mentioned in the video were under the direct program management of AMC at that time.
- History of Redstone Arsenal (2001) - This video shows the history of Redstone Arsenal from its genesis in 1941 to the 1990s.
History Office Phone: (256) 450-7852