AMC Business Connections
Army Materiel Command actively seeks collaboration and partnership with industry to more efficiently and effectively deploy, equip and sustain Soldiers around the globe. AMC works with industry through a range of partnering mechanisms in a way that grants flexibility to pursue cost-effective solutions. AMC seeks an active and ongoing dialogue with its current and potential contractors and partners. The following resources provide information on partnering with AMC.
AMC's Public-Private Partnerships (P3) is an innovative approach that has helped the Army preserve its Organic Industrial Base and reduce costs while sustaining critical skill sets in the workforce.
For more information contact:
Partnering has a range of possibilities which include Army installations providing articles and/or services to industry, industry leasing equipment and/or facilities to perform work for either the public or private sector, work-sharing arrangements and teaming arrangements where the installation and industry jointly contract with a program manager. Partnering is a cooperative effort, not a competitive engagement.
The Army's industrial capabilities and capacities should make an attractive partner.
For more information on which Army installations could best suit your specific needs:
U.S. Army Materiel Command
4400 Martin Road
Redstone Arsenal, AL 35898-5000
Office of Small Business Programs
The Army Materiel Command Office of Small Business Programs provides information and resources necessary for small businesses to become eligible to conduct business with AMC. Tapping into small businesses provides the Army access to specialized expertise, innovation and agile solutions for the current and future force.
AMC Small Business representatives are knowledgeable and seek to ensure a fair portion of contract awards and a percentage of total U.S. business dollars are placed within specified socioeconomic programs, including:
For more information on small business opportunities at AMC or with one of its subordinate commands, contact the AMC Office of Small Business Programs at:
- Small Business
- Historically Black Colleges, Universities and Minority Institutions
- Historically Underutilized Business Zones Small Business
- Veteran-Owned Small Business/Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
- Small Disadvantaged Business
- Women-Owned Small Business
- Set-Aside Contracts
Army Contracting Command
The Army Contracting Command (ACC) and its subordinate organizations and contracting centers provide contracting support for the U.S. Army as the Army’s principal buying agent – ensuring that Soldiers have what they need to be successful, from food and clothing to bullets and bombs.
For more information on ACC’s role in creating collaboration between the U.S. Army and industry:
ACC Webpage: https://www.army.mil/info/organization/unitsandcommands/commandstructure/acc/
The AMC Ombudsman is an advocate and liaison that strengthens communication within the business and industry communities and provides support to AMC staff elements in facilitating and creating business development activities.
Office of the Command Counsel
The mission of the AMC Office of the Command Counsel is to serve as a legal advisor to the AMC commanding general and members of the commander’s staff and provide legal advice to subordinate commands, installations and field activities in all legal disciplines. The office’s legal support includes:
- Provide legal advice and assistance on systems acquisitions
- Serve as a function chief, providing legal training as required and managed the AMC Attorney/Patent Attorney and Patent Advisor Career Program
- Serve as initial denial authority on Freedom of Information Act requests for records concerning AMC procurements
- Coordinate all AMC actions concerning procurement fraud and procurement irregularities and provide direction to AMC separate staff offices and subordinate activities
- Perform planning, programming and administrative actions supporting the AMC legal system and Command Legal Organization
- Develop, plan and coordinate all budget and fiscal matters for the Office of the Command Counsel